Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Wedding Invitations Send Trump Family an Unmistakable Message

0
58

Over the past few months, much speculation regarding the guest list for the upcoming royal wedding of Prince Harry and American actress Meghan Markle has been circling around.

Among several well-known names on the list, according to a new report, former President Barack Obama is also to get an invite.

Until now, it was unclear whether or not Obama and his family would get invited to the wedding, which is set to take place on May 19 at Windsor Castle.

Reportedly, even though Obama is good friends with Prince Harry, the royal family was worried about upsetting President Donald Trump by inviting his predecessor.

And considering the fact that Markle has publicly criticized President Trump in the past, it’s seems unlikely he is going to get an invite.

However, according to The U.K. Daily Star, the royal couple has decided to disregard their advisers and invite Obama, along with his wife, Michelle.

A royal source told The Star that Prince Harry and Markle “want to do things their own way.” “They are inviting their own friends, and not on the advice of aides.”

The royal couple has sent the Obamas an RSVP, leaving the final decision in the former first couple’s hands.

“I am very, very sure they will attend though,” the source said.

Obama and Prince Harry’s friendship has been well-documented.

Last year, Obama let Harry interview him on BBC Radio 4’s “Today.”

Also, following the royal couple’s engagement announcement in November, Obama sent them both well wishes via Twitter.

“Michelle and I are delighted to congratulate Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on their engagement,” he wrote. “We wish you a lifetime of joy and happiness together.”

In the meantime, President Trump stated last month that he is not terribly upset about being left off the invite list and said he hopes the royal couple lives a happy life together.

“I want them to be happy. I really want them to be happy. They look like a lovely couple,” Trump told British journalist Piers Morgan in an interview for ITV, according to Vanity Fair.

Trump’s statement came despite the fact that Markle accused him of being “misogynistic” during the 2016 presidential election cycle.

”Yes of course Trump is divisive,” she said on “The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore” in May 2016. “I think it was in 2012, the Republican Party lost the female vote by 12 points. That’s a huge number and with as misogynistic as Trump is and so vocal about it, that’s a huge chunk of it.”